Specialist Prosthetics & Pyrotechnics
for a future working with prosthetics, pyrotechnics, blood & Practical FX with a focussed, versatile a modern tuition based in the International Stunt Academy.
Aspire to be better
BA Hons (Specialist Prosthetics & Pyrotechnics) is the very first crossover degree in the world created specifically for prosthetics and pyrotechnics. After completing studies with the ISA you will be ready to take on the biggest job roles in your field.
You could use your qualification to pursue the following careers:
Makeup Department Head
Prosthetic Makeup Designer
Special Effects Supervisor
Special Effects Makeup Artist
Key Mould Maker
FX Workshop Supervisor
Hair & Makeup Artist
Hair & Makeup Assistant/Trainee
- 100% coursework, including presentations, sketchbooks, portfolios, essays, and video dissertation.
Location - The international stunt academy, Oslo
Course Duration - 2 Years
Qualification - BA Hons
Attendance - Full Time
Why Study with us?
- Learn from tutors currently working in industry.
- Develop a varied and extensive portfolio.
- Constant access to professional studios and work space.
- Benefit from guest lecturers from industry.
- Benefit being based in a recognised and prestigious stunt academy.
- Access to first class work experience.
-All students must hold a previous qualification in media makeup, or a relevant subject such as art, design or media, etc.
-Students must hold a grade C or equivalent in both English and maths.
- However, in line with the widening participation brief and lifelong learning strategy, the Institute will also encourage applications from non-traditional learners who lack formal academic qualifications. All such non-traditional applicants will be interviewed and will carry out a bespoke assignment in order to assess their academic potential and relevant experience.
Your Course Leader
Theodore R Salisbury works as a hair, makeup & prosthetics designer + department Head for corporate film and independent television. Theodore is awarded for "creative makeup artist of the year" achieving gold recognized by the British Hair And Beauty Awards 2020. Theo specializes in prosthetic makeup design, feature celebrity makeup, and male grooming & prosthetics.
Jemima Florence is known as an Internationally published high fashion and editorial makeup designer with an extensive background in prosthetics and mould making for Exilian Studios Limited. Jemima has studied MA prosthetics & Sculpting at the world-renowned Pinewood Studios & now specializes in wig work and prosthetic application.
Hannah Stevens has achieved a BA Hons in Media Make-up and since then has worked in film as a makeup & prosthetics artist. Hannah specializes in mask making, sculpting, and prosthetic painting.
Freya Pixie has over 9 years of experience with West End shows such as Wicked and The Lion King under her belt. She has trained with industry professionals from all over the world and taught in a number of colleges. Freya specializes in high fashion and avant-garde makeup as well and body painting and prosthetics.
Lucina Edden awarded BA Hons in Hair Makeup & Prosthetics for performance. Lucina specializes in mask making, foam latex & mould making.