Specialist Prosthetics & Makeup Design
for a future working with prosthetics, Hair & Practical FX with a focussed, versatile a modern tuition based in the International Stunt Academy.
Aspire to be better
Specialist Prosthetics & Makeup Design Is the first specialist prosthetics, hair & makeup design course to be based in Norway, Oslo. After completing studies with the International Student Academy (ISA) you will be ready to take on some of the biggest job roles in your field. You could use your qualification to pursue the following careers:
Makeup Department Head
Prosthetic Makeup Designer
Special Effects Supervisor
Special Effects Makeup Artist
Key Mould Maker
FX Workshop Supervisor
Hair & Makeup Artist
Hair & Makeup Assistant/Trainee
- 100% coursework, including presentations, sketchbooks, portfolios, essays, and video dissertation.
Location - The International Stunt Academy, Oslo - Norway
Course Duration - 2 Years
Attendance - Full Time
Why Study with us?
- Learn from tutors currently working in industry.
- Develop a varied and extensive portfolio.
- Constant access to professional studios and work space.
- Benefit from guest lecturers from industry.
- Benefit being based in a recognised and prestigious academy.
- Access to first class work experience.
-All students must hold a previous qualification in media makeup, or a relevant subject such as art, design or media, etc.
-Students must hold a grade C or equivalent in both English and maths.
- However, We will also encourage applications from non-traditional learners who lack formal academic qualifications. All applicants applying in this way will have to carry out a bespoke assignment in order to assess their competence and capability for the course.
Your Program Leader
Co Creator - Jemima Florence is known as an Internationally published high fashion and editorial makeup designer with an extensive background in prosthetics and mould making for Exilian Studios Limited. Jemima has studied MA prosthetics & Sculpting at the world-renowned Pinewood Studios & now specializes in wig work and prosthetic application.
Course Owner & Co-Creator - Theodore R Salisbury works as a hair, makeup & prosthetics designer for film & television on projects all over the world. He has studied a Master of Arts in prosthetics & sculpting awarded at the world-renowned Pinewood Studios, London. In 2020, Theodore was honoured awards for "creative makeup artist of the year" , "entrepreneur of the year" and nominated for a "lifetime achievement award" by the BHBA.
Freya Pixie has over 9 years of experience with West End in a myriad of shows including Wicked and The Lion King. She has trained with industry professionals from all over the world and taught in a number of colleges. Freya specializes in high fashion and avant-garde makeup as well and body painting and prosthetics.
Hannah Stevens has achieved a BA Hons in Media Make-up and since then has worked in film as a makeup & prosthetics artist. Hannah specializes in mask making, sculpting, and prosthetic painting.
Lucina Edden awarded BA Hons in Hair Makeup & Prosthetics for performance. Lucina specializes in mask making, foam latex & mould making.